BIODATA 2012 MAJOR (PROF / DR.) DEEPAK & DR. SEEMA RAO
(1) INTRODUCTION & SYNOPSIS:
Major Rao was inspired by Chanakya who
stated “High Class individuals strive for honour, for them money and fame are secondary interests” Dr. Seema Rao
was inspired by her father, Prof. Ramakant Sinari, a prominent Freedom Fighter of India.
The Rao couple spent their life by giving
their expertise & talents in training Indian Army and Indian Forces for almost 2 decades in a relatively new subject CQB-
Close Quarter Battle. Close Quarter Battle is the art of fighting the enemy at close quarters. CQB is relatively new area having greater significance in present era, consisting of Unarmed and Armed combat, Reflex shooting and Small
team QRT tactics – basically everything to do with small commando teams acting as force multipliers in special small
area operations. Today’s Urban operations, Counter Hijack & Hostage situations is all about CQB.
The Raos spent their life researching
and developing various CQB skills for the use of their country’s forces. They trained almost every elite Indian force
in modern Close Quarter Battle for 18 years without accepting any compensation, as a Selfless service to the Nation.The Ministr
of Defence in their Press release referred to Major rao as first Indian to specilaise in CQB, making Raos pioneers in this
They worked for benefit of Indian forces,
as Guest Trainers and were often invited by various Service Chiefs and Force Chiefs to impart innovative CQB training. About
15,000 soldiers were trained in 18 years.
Based on their experience in training
Indian forces, the Raos developed an indigenous method of Reflex Shooting which was found to be very useful by Indian forces.
They were invited by the Army Commanders to impart this modern reflex shooting to Army Corps Battle schools in relevant Commands.
This indigenous Indian research is now replacing outdated British WW-II methods.
Today India faces a new challenge in Urban
areas, where Army Special forces, Paramilitary Commandos & Police Special QRTs have to fight in urban areas at Close Quarters
with Hostage Crises and interspersed civilians amidst concrete structures ricocheting fired bullets and causing collateral
damage. There is a serious need for modern CQB training all over the world .
In India, The Raos are responsible for
pioneering & modernizing CQB training, helping change outdated world war II methodology and spreading CQB training all
over the country, without charging the Indian govt a single rupee for their contribution.
They were highly commended with 3 Army
Chief Citations, 1 Home Minister Citation, 1 Presidential Rank Award, 1 US Presidents Award & World Peace Diplomat Award.
Ministry of Home Affairs, after an analysis of their methods appointed them as Resource Persons for CQB Trg under direct approval
of Home Secretary of India and directed State DGPs to use their service in modernization.
The Ministry of Defence commissioned Dr.
Rao as Honorary Major in ‘XXX’ Parachute Battalion TA for his outstanding
contribution to CQB modernization beyond the call of duty for 17 years.
Rao 70 years (2011)
Medicine - Mumbai University MBBS, MD
& PhD in Alternative Med, FRSH (UK)
Military Science – DSC- Doctorate
Rockville University (Research Project Tactical Simulation)
Law Enforcement - Certified Law Enforcement
Trainer - ASLET American Society of LE Trg
Law – Doctorate PhD in Law from
World Trinity University (UK)
Seema Rao 68 years (2011)
Medicine - MBBS MD AM, MRSH (UK) (Alt
MBA - Company Crisis Mgt from National
Institute of Management (Lokseva Foundation)
PhD – Martial Science from Indiana
University of martial arts (USA)
(3) TRAINING BACKGROUND & CREDENTIALS
Major Rao - INDIAN ARMY, XXX
PARACHUTE REGIMENT TA BN
1) Certified Police Training,
(American Society of Law Enforcement Trg)
2) 8th Degree Black belt, Military
Unarmed Combat. Black belts in Karate, Taekwondo
3) Combat Shooting Instructor
4) SCUBA Instructor (Professional Association of Diving Instructors, USA)
6) CQB Certification (IAEPP, USA)
International Survival Certification
Dr. Seema Rao -RESOURCE PERSON MINISTRY HOME AFFAIRS – CQB –QRT-ATS TRG
1) IAF Para Jumper: Certified
with IAF Wings under special directive Air Chief
2) MBA in Crisis Management, Cert
in Disaster Management
3) 5th Deg Black belt, Military
Unarmed Combat. Expert Boxing, Blackbelts in Karate, Taekwondo, etc
4) Combat Shooting Instructor,
5) Mountaineering & Rock Climbing
(Army HMI Medallist) (climbed Rathong Glacier 21,000 feet in Winter)
6) Authorized Representatives
in Asia of Bruce Lees art Jeet Kune Do
7) Close Combat Skills - CQB Certification
8) Sailing & Yatchmanship:
Certificate Course by National Champion from Navy
9) Offensive Driving: Certified
by Brig Anil Malhotra, Indian Army Rally Tea
(4) CQB CONTRIBUTIONS - beyond the call of duty
· CQB - INDIAN SERVICES: As announced in Defense Ministry
Press release, Raos are First Indians to pioneer & specialize in Close Quarter Battle Training (CQB) and give this expertise
for 18 years to train about 15000 soldiers from various Indian forces.
· REFLEX SHOOTING - ARMY: Played an important role
in modernizing Close Quarter Battle & Reflex Shooting Training curriculums for Indian Army Commands.
· QRT TRG - POLICE & PARAMILITARY: Under directive
of Home Ministry, imparted modern CQB training to various Indian State Police forces & Paramilitary CPOs.
· UNARMED COMBAT - INFANTRY– Helped development
of UAC in Infantry Units
(5) HOME MINISTRY APPOINTMENT
· Both the Raos are First Indian civilians to be appointed
as Official Training Resource persons in area of Modern CQB training by DIRECT APPROVAL OF Home Secretary, MHA.
(6) forces trained / (in Modernization
of CQB Trg for most)
· Indian Army Formation HQs - Divisions, Corps &
· Indian Army- All Infantry Regiments, Paratroopers
& Special Forces
· Training Establishments – Regt Trg Centers,
· Indian Navy- Marine Commandos, Naval Special Warfare
· Indian Air Force – Garud Special Forces, Garud
Regt Trg Center
· National Security Guard – Black Cats (3 times)
for CQB trg for Counter Hijack & Hostage Rescue
· Academies - Army Officers Training Academy & National Police Academy
· Central Police Orgs – ITBP, BSF, NSG, etc
· State Police Forces ATS- QRTs (AP, MP, HP, Haryana,
Kerala, Maharsahtra, Uttarakhand, West Bengal, Goa, etc etc)
· City Police Forces –ATS Units– almost
all major cities (Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kokatta etc)
(7) AUTHORED BOOKS FOR INDIAN FORCES
1. Authored the first Encyclopedia on Close Quarter
Battle Training in the world. This book was found useful by the FBI, INTERPOL & SWAT and the book found its place
in Police Libraries all over the world. We received endorsements from FBI Director Robert Muller & INTERPOL Secy General
Ronald Noble. This book was also distributed by Hon. P Chidambaram Home Minister to various Indian Forces.
2. Wrote the first book on Military Unarmed combat in the world “Commando Manual of Unarmed Combat” which was distributed by current Army Chief to relevant Army formations.
3. Authored the first Indian Textbook on “World
Terrorism”, which was distributed by Home Ministry to Indian Forces
4. All the above books were solely produced for the Indian forces, without being sold commercially,
using the lifes earnings of Prof. Dr. Rao. No money was accepted from the Indian forces and thousands of copies were gifted
free to the govt.
5. Also authored Books on Philosophy, Biography & Bruce Lee’s Jeet Kune Do
1) World Peace Diplomat Award by Malaysian PM on behalf of
World Peace Congress 2008
2) US Presidents Volunteer Service Award – George Bush
Award for volunteer work in training
3) Appreciation Letter Buckingham Palace- from Her Majesty,
Queen of UK, for work for country.
4) WORLD HALL OF FAME: Hall of Fame Induction –
(a) in International Combat
Hall of Fame for contribution to Military Tactical Combat 2007
(b) in United States Hall
of Fame Law Enforcement Instructor 2009 awarded by Richard Bustillo, FBI Defensive Tactic Instructor
Achievement Award - US Police Def Tac Association awarded by DG Dr. Ric Black
1) Director General Police Appreciation - (Gen OP Bali) 2003
for work in Insurgent prone areas of Maharshtra
2) Army Chief Citation - (Gen Padmanabhan) 2001 for Research
in Modernization of CQB
3) Army Chief Citation - (Gen JJ Singh) 2003 for Research
work in CQB Projects
4) Army Chief Citation –(Gen VK Singh) 2010 for laudable
work over the years.
5) Army Commander Citation-2007 (Gen Deepak Kapoor) for work
6) Army Commander Citation - 2008 (Gen VK Singh) for work in EC
7) Home Minster of India Official Appreciation Letter- P Chidambaram
for putting on record selfless service in Anti Terror Trg, on felicitation of Raos at MHA in 2009
8) Chief Minister & Home Minisiter & Govt Maharshtra
Appreciation - for service beyond call of duty in counter terror trg.
were Felicitated by current Army Chief Citation at Ministry of Defence in 2010
President of India awarded Hony Rank of Major for “Outstanding constribution to CQB beyond call of duty with absolute
dedication & commitment over last 17 years” at Ministry of Defence. Chief of Army Staff Gen VK Singh pipped Dr.
Rao alongwith Dhoni & Bindra.
(9) FOUNDER OF NGO ucca
The Rao couple founded an organization UCCA whose goal is researching, innovating and
imparting modern CQB training to Indian forces only. The UCCA is made of few retired service officers and other expert Instructors.
It is unique in the sense it accepts no donations,
no sponsorship and
no grants or contributions from any body.
It works with meager earnings of Raos. But via this org Raos have spread modern CQB training
to every nook and corner of Indian forces.
(10) GOVT APPRECIATES- A few excerpts of appreciation by Various Top brass of the Nation.
2009 – Home Minister of India – Shri P. Chidambaram.
“I place on record your selfless service in training for anti-terror operations.”
2010 – Home Secretary of India – Shri. G.K.Pillai.
“ We take note of your selfless contribution in the field of combat training for counter
2010 – Citiation from Army Chief – General V.K.Singh.
“Your Work in this field is Laudable. I appreciate your efforts in improving combat training.”
2001 – Citiation from Army Chief – General Padmanabhan.
“Your efforts & your research to modernize close quarter battle has been appreciated
by us & we have circulated it to our organizations.”
2003 – Citiation from Army Chief – General J.J. Singh.
“We convey our appreciation for the depth of your research in your projects.”
2009- Chief Minister of Maharashtra – Shri Ashok Chavan.
“I appreciate your commendable efforts & am sure that your extensive research &
long experience will help sharpen the skills of our police personnel & equip them to fight effectively against terrorism.”
2008- State Home Minister of Maharashtra – Shri Siddharam Mhetre.
“I, on behalf of the state of Maharashtra commend your noble contribution in the area
of modern counter terrorism training of the highest standards.”
2009- Chief Ministers secretariat of Maharashtra – Shri C.V.Oak.
“Your selfless service in the area of counter terror training is beyond the call of duty
& highly commendable.”
2011- Defence Secretary, Ministry of Defence: – Shri Subhash Chandra
“The President of India is pleased to confer on you Rank of Major for outstanding contribution
to modern CQB
for CT Ops with absolute dedication & commitment for 17 years.
PRESS & MEDIA:
1) SUNDAY TIMES OF INDIA - Pg 2 date 27 Sept 2009
2) DELHI TIMES - date Sept 27 2009
3) NAVBHARAT TIMES - date Oct 2009
4) INDIA TODAY - date Oct 12 2009
5) INDIA TV - date 28 Sept 2009
6) FEMINA - WOMAN of SUBSTANCE - date 1Apr 1999
7) SAVVY - WOMAN OF MONTH - date Aug 1998
8) AMERICAN WOMANS MAG - "V" - date Mar 2006
9) INDIA TODAY – 2010
10) SOCIETY – Oct 2010
11) NEW WOMAN - JULY 2011
12) Hindustan Times, Times of India, Indian Express, Navbharat Times, Loksatta, Regional –
1 Nov 2011
13) SUNDAY INDIAN – Nov 2011
14) MANSWORLD – Dec 2011
15) NATIONAL TV –ZEE NEWS, INDIA TV, AAJ TAK, STAR NEWS, etc – 1 Nov 2011
International TV -“ CNN, NBC, Canadian TV
International News -“ BBC
International Magazine -“ US Womens Mag (Dr. Seema as Woman of Month)
Raos have been faced dangers & vagaries of hostile weathers,
inhospitable terrains & randomly shot at by ANE. Dr. S. Rao opted out of a biological child to enable continuation of
Prof. Rao Training Injuries
nearly Blind in one eye needed Retinal Surgery
Knee with Cruciate & Collateral ligament injuries,
Dr. Seema Training Injuries
of Amnesia for months due to Severe Head Injury
Reduced Pot Bellies of 5000 Policemen in 1994 on invitation
by Mumbai CP in just 6 weeks via their revolutionary Pot Belly Program