Terrorism : A Comprehensive Analysis of World Terrorism/Dr.
Rao and Dr. Seema Rao. New Delhi, APH, 2004, xvi, 172 p., $25. ISBN 81-7648-527-6.
Contents: Preface. I. General issues: 1. General terrorism
(low intensity warfare). 2. Classification of terrorism. II. World terrorism: 3. Terrorist movements in the world. 4. Major
terrorist events of the twentieth century. III. Terrorism in South Asia: 5. South Asian conflicts. 6. Central Asian conflicts. 7. India Pakistan conflicts the Kashmir issue. 8. The ISI and India.
IV. The Al Qaeda: 9. Osama Bin Laden. 10. Al Qaeda. 11. The 9/11/2001 (Sept. 11) attack on WTC. 12. Al Qaedas Asian operations.
V. Insurgency in India: 13. Terrorism
in India. 14. Non-Islamic terrorist groups
in India. 15. Islamic terrorist groups
in India. VI. Terrorism of the future:
16. Weapons of mass destruction. VII. Appendices. Bibliography. Index.
"This book is an easily readable ready reference containing
the must know data on the subject of terrorism and includes all the facts relevant to terrorism
- Major issues and the ideologies,
- Modus operandi, organization &
financing of militant groups,
- World wide terrorist organizations,
- Major terrorist events of 20 century
- Al-Qaeda and Osama, & Sept. 11
- South Asian conflicts, nuclearization
- Indo-Pak tensions, ISI, Indo-China
- Terrorist groups in India & the Kashmir issue,
- Weapons of mass destruction,
- Chronology & historical backgrounds,
- Relevant military history and maps,
- Are detailed.
is meant for anyone who is interested in terrorism, sociology, politics and international relations, and also for the police
and the armed forces personnel who are dealing with counter terrorism, in their day-to-day lives." (jacket)
book is available from:
Vardhaman Charve Plaza IV,
Building # 9, K.P Block, Pitampura,
New Delhi 110 088, India